I'm Starting a Podcast

Something that has been in the works for quite some time that I am finally in a place to be able to properly announce is The Blue Rose Film Podcast. My initial desire for Blue Rose was always for it to be a podcast, but I never felt confident enough that I had a good enough concept, or that it was going to be anything different from the countless of other film-based podcasts already being produced every day. 

What changed? you might ask. Well, I have been producing a weekly podcast since early this year for work, a podcast called Filthy Hope. The experience of both presenting and producing this podcast has given me the confidence and clarity of concept that I needed to charge ahead with this. I have always felt that for it to be worth my time and effort to produce a podcast, I have to be confident that there is some reason to listen to it over any of the other podcasts already available in whatever area it is operating in.

So, what's different about the Blue Rose Film Podcast? Well, the podcast is going to have much more of an emphasis on the history of film, and telling the stories behind the production and development of great films. There will obviously be analysis and opinion involved as well - that is impossible to get around - but large portions of the podcast will be about film history and tracing links through film history. 

The podcast will be launching in October, right in time for Halloween, and new episodes will come out every Wednesday. I'll keep you all up to date about anything and everything podcast related as those things progress (both here and over on Instagram), but rest assured this does not mean that I will be halting my blogging. This blog will continue in conjunction with and in parallel to the podcast. 

The first film I will be covering?

The Shining. 

See you in October for the first episode of The Blue Rose Film Podcast. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOP 10 FAVOURITE FILMS FROM 2020

ARMY OF THE DEAD (2021): FILM REVIEW

2022 UPDATE